Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer Color Surprise Hop


I was thrilled to get the yellow package from Lisa. I found some beads I hadn’t even noticed in the picture and those were the beads I actually ended up using. The nuggets I chose were called lime turquoise by some gem dealers I talked to. I thought these beads were more green than yellow, which suites me just fine. Green and yellow are my favorite colors, so having a little of both is perfect. I wanted a bead to use with it that echoed the length of the beads, and I found these great baroque freshwater pearls. I pared them with the potato chip silver bits. I really didn’t want to add any weight to the necklace. The nuggets are quite heavy, and in an effort to keep the necklace light, I considered chain, some other small lime turquoise beads, but what really worked in the end was the ribbon. I think I may look for some tie-dyed silk in the future to replace the formal satin, but until I find the perfect combo of dyed ribbon, I think the satin works rather well. 
 Aren't these beads and pearls lovely?

Now let's go see what the others made! 



Your Host: Lisa Lodge

Audrey Belanger


Lisa Boucher


Eleanor Burian-Mohr


Marlene Cupo


Marla Gibson


Alicia Marinache


Inge von Ross


Stephanie Stamper


Diane Valasek



17 comments:

Audrey Bélanger said...

Aha, you got the set I was dreading. Love those little kitty beads through. And that's a very nice necklace~

Marlene Cupo said...

Beautiful colors to work with, and that ribbon is a nice contrast to the beads. If you do change it, hope you repost!

Alicia said...

Absolutely they are! It's a gorgeous necklace, like Marlene said - if you change the ribbon please re-post :)

Clayworks by Lisa Boucher said...

Those beads and pearls Are absolutely lovely! I agree. Your necklace came out gorgeous and the ribbon brings out the color in the lime turquoise nuggets perfectly. Great summer colors.

Tammie said...

Nice job. I love the ribbon too, light & summery. I like those 'potato chip' beads too, very cool.

Tammie said...

Nice job. I love the ribbon too, light & summery. I like those 'potato chip' beads too, very cool.

Marla said...

Beautiful Necklace. I love the ribbon bow as a focal. I don't think I would change it. It is perfect as/is!

Christine said...

You made such a lovely necklace - the ribbon goes perfectly!!

Pine Ridge Treasures said...

Diane - what a beautiful necklace! I think the satin ribbon looks very pretty in combination with the pearls. Your designs are always so elegant and timeless. Thanks for participating in the hop!

ingetraud said...

Very pretty necklace. I had not thought of using a ribbon like that. I like the colors.

Cornerstoregoddess said...

Those pearls are perfect with the beads. Beautiful necklace!

Micheladas said...

I love how you used the ribbon. The beads and pearls go together beautifully. Great job.

Kashmira said...

Super sweet design!

Dragonfly Close said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dragonfly Close said...

Audrey, I think it's funny you didn't want this set, I love it! It will be a while before I can change the ribbon. It won't be until the next bead show, and that won't be until the fall. I am just a bit more casual of a person than the satin, but it "fit" this necklace. Lisa, thank you for saying my designs are timeless, I think that is what I strive for, and thanks for inviting me! Thank you for all of the lovely compliments!

Marian Hertzog said...

Very pretty! Love the colors and the pearls are perfect! I like the elegance of the ribbon with the pearls.

Shirlee said...

Hi, found you through the blog hop. I'm just starting out with beading and having fun finding so many talented designers and artists.
Beautiful necklace! Love the potato chip beads and unusual colour of turquoise.
Have a wonderful day! :)