Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bead Soup Has Arrived!

My bead soup partner is Denielle Hagerman. She’s a very talented glassworker. She has an etsy shop, MustardSeedBeads. I think this showcases her beads nicely as she has a very young blog. You can find her blog at, Some Beads and Other Things. 

I must say that I was very excited to find I got a lamp-worker for a partner! It was also a bit intimidating, as I find hand-made glass beads a bit intimidating. I have bought them, but to use them is another story. Using them is akin to using the fine china. Now, I will tell you that my own mother will serve burgers from the grill on fine china. I have learned to use my china on a regular basis. But lampworked beads! Well, those were to be used when I get “better”. Just recently I have realized it’s time to actually use those beads, and life is too short. I deserve to put those very cool beads into a necklace, and I am “good enough”. So in fact, this will be a great exercise in stretching myself!


I told Denielle that I love gardening and everything to do with it, and she embraced that when she sent me my totally yummy bead soup! Look what she sent me!

I have to say that black raspberry is my favorite bead. It has so many facets, and catches the light in so many ways. The bee is adorable! She made the clasp, isn’t it great? My only issue is that I have absolutely no gunmetal. I will have to do something about that, or mix my metals. The strawberries say bracelet, but I think that lovely blossom tells me necklace. The black raspberry already told me what it wants to be.

Denielle also found out I just had a birthday and sent me this adorable birthday cupcake! I’m love this bead, no calories and it lasts forever.

I'd also like to mention that Lori Anderson of Pretty Things is having a giveaway. Go on over and check it out.
 

2 comments:

Tanya Ozanne said...

GREAT blog,thanks Love and hugs Tanya

rockcreekcreations said...

Nice bead soup! I can't wait to see what you make.

And I agree it is best to use the good beads now!!