Sunday, September 7, 2008

Preserving the Bounty

Early September 076
Someone on ravelry.com put this as the title for a thread and I just loved the way it explains it all. I'm knee deep in every kind of preserving this time of year. Today I canned pickled peppers. I wasn't at all thrilled with the smell of the brine. I grimaced when I added the 'called for' prepared horseradish, and I think I should have gone with my instincts and omitted it. It's only six pints though. I had hoped to surprise my mom's husband at Christmas with some of these pickled peppers, as one year my mom asked me to make some for him, and I remembered.

We picked 3-4 quart buckets of Niagara grapes today. They are washed and I will pick them off the stems while I watch a movie with the family tonight. I am hoping to make some more white grape jelly from the juice.
Early September 079

No comments: